The Clarke Creek Wind and Solar Farm is committed to ensuring the responsible and compliant implementation of the project throughout the construction, operations and decommissioning phases. This commitment addresses the social and environmental impacts of the project through the application of:
- specific management plans
- targeted procedures and processes
- consultation with local community and government agencies
- ongoing review and monitoring to ensure:
- compliance with the planning approvals
- achievement of the required performance objectives
- identification of any areas requiring improved management, and
- corrective measures as applicable.
Potential social and environmental impacts have been comprehensively assessed. The planning approvals set out conditions for the project. The environmental management system being developed will include a broad range of measures to mitigate potential impacts and ensure compliance with all conditions of the planning approvals.
Our environmental management is incorporated into all aspects of the project’s delivery. Environmental processes and systems will be regularly reviewed to ensure responsible implementation of the project.
Key elements of our environmental management system include:
- Risk assessment and identification of required controls
- employee awareness training and site inductions
- site specific procedures and guidelines for minimising impacts
- specific environmental management plans and environmental offsets
- system of inspections, auditing and reporting, and
- procedures for compliance tracking, review and improvement.
Various Environmental Management Plans will be published on this website once they have been approved by the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE).